Zébulon Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Openmindness

I find Jeremy Zawodny's last entry very interesting. Here a quote:

Well, it seems that I get to quote Greg Linden a second time today. He points to the Yahoo's Personality Crisis article (subscription only, heh) that's been stirring up a bit of discussion about whether Yahoo! will be opened or closed. Is Yahoo! going to build a walled garden or give users what they really want, regardless of where the content lives: on Yahoo! or elsewhere?
In his posting,
he says:
I'm more optimistic than the Economist that Yahoo will be open. Yahoo's recent features seem to trend toward embracing content from non-Yahoo sites. I suspect Yahoo will seek to have the best content on Yahoo, but will pull in good content from wherever on the Web it resides.
Well said, Greg.


I think there is a LOT behing this entry. As far as I am concerned, Yahoo's openness really is what has always thrilled me.

>>> Read More

Technorati : , , , , , ,